|Territorial Women's Memorial Rose Garden|
CLARA RITTER MILLER
Clara was born in the Old Capitol Building in Prescott on September 30, 1888, the daughter of John and Laura Johnson Ritter. Her parents had come to Arizona from Texas in 1872 and established a ranch in Kirkland.
On May 24, 1911, she married George Henry Miller, a rancher in Miller Valley. During her long lifetime, all spent in Arizona, she lived on the D-G Ranch, west of Congress Junction; the 7-Y Ranch in Yava, Arizona; the 7-Y Ranch in Date Creek; and at 719 W. Butte Street and 719 Division Street in Prescott.
The Millers had two sons: H. Clifford, born on June 27, 1921, and who died on December 25, 1991; and Joseph X. of Chino Valley, born May 26, 1923.
Clara was active in Rebekah Lodge, the Navy Mothers and the Lutheran Church. Clara died on June 7, 1985, at the Arizona Pioneers' Home in Prescott and was buried at Mountain View Cemetery.
Donor: Sylvia Neely
|Additional documentation and photographs may be available in the Sharlot Hall Museum Archives and Library.|