About 1880. Owner Judge Henry Fleury was a justice of the peace (see sign). The building remained as built in 1864 except for the siding on the east side, picket fences, and an 1873 reroofing. This is the earliest known Mansion photo.
About 1890. The north end remained as it was built except for larger windows. Two chimneys, one to a fireplace and one for a stove, had been added. The outside kitchen was still intact and the west wall remained open.
About 1895. Two chimneys had been added, the west wall was still open, but the roof had fallen in on the outside kitchen. Notice the well.
1928. In this photo, former owner, Joseph Dougherty tells Sharlot Hall about his modifications to the Mansion. These included a flat-roofed porch across the east, clapboard siding, new windows, and, on the top story, a sleeping porch (north end) and a roof dormer (east side).
About 1903. Owner Joseph Dougherty built a flat-roofed porch with a widow's walk, concealed logs with clapboards, and installed larger windows. He also added a sleeping porch (north end) and roof dormer (east side) to the top story of the building.
About 1927. The outside kitchen had been removed and the west wall enclosed about 1900. Sharlot had begun her modifications; Dougherty's clapboard siding was gone, but she had not yet enclosed the north porch nor replaced the shingles with shakes.
About 1929. Sharlot Hall was operating her museum. She had removed the 1903 clapboards, replaced Dougherty's porch with one with sloped roof, reroofed with shakes, closed in the north porch, and built a stockade fence.